Tuesday 4 March 2008

Earl of Sandwich Mixtape: Volume 1




Here's an old mixtape (or mix CD if we're getting pedantic) I did back in 2005 when me and my old partner in crime Isho used to do a Sunday night at the now deceased Estaminet. It's a small taste of what I used to play for a portion of the evening but true to Isho's flyer design we did "drop more labels than a clumsy shoplifter" so it wasn't all hip hop on the night. In fact if you can name all the labels on the flyer I'll give you a special prize (offer is not open to Rockstar employees).

tracklist:

1. Four Tet - "Unspoken"
2. Four Tet / Demolition Man / Dj Vadim - "Unspoken / The Terrorist"
3. Franz Ferdinand - "Michael" (Thomas Eriksen Remix)
4. Chok Rok - "Happy Man"
5. Portishead - "Revenge of the Number"
6. DJ Shadow - "Six Days" (Remix ft. Mos Def)
7. Busdriver - "Kev's Nlistering Computer Tan And Driver's Rappers Rappers Monicker"
8. Ackie - "Call Me Rambo"
9. Roots Manuva - "Colossal Insight" (Part 2 Remix)
10. Rob Sonic - "Shoplift"
11. Mr. Scruff - "Ug"
12. DJ Vadim - "Up To Jah" (ft. Demolition Man)
13. D. Brown - "Tombuoy"
14. TTC - "Dans Le Club"
15. Dirtsman & Missy Elliot - "Get Impeccable" (Heatwave remix)
16. DJ Vadim - "Till Sun's In Your Eyes" (Version ft. Demolition Man)
17. M.I.A. - "Pull Up The People"
18. Ciara / Junior Rankin "Goodies" (Instrumental) / Explode (Vocal-Coobs Riddim)
19. Secret Frequency Crew - "Deep Blue"
20. Amon Tobin - "Verbal"
21. M.I.A. - "Hombre"
22. Mr. Scruff - "Spandex Man"
23. Edan - "The Science Of The Two" (ft. Insight)


You could copy it to one of these if you'd like to make it more authentic...

and play it on this...

Although you probably couldn't because the very smartly packaged USB stick is actually only 64mb. Apparently this is to make it more genuine to a C60 cassette but I reckon it's because they've got a shitload of practically useless 64mb memory sticks to get rid of. Surely a 128mb version would be truer to a C90 which was the real tape of choice for a mixtape. Both products are available from the utterly dreadfully named Suck UK but they do make some cool shit so perhaps I'll let them off.

2 comments:

Kool Thing said...

Maybe you can make me a USB Mixtape? I'd quite like that.

Al Daddy said...

I'm reading this on a Friday...what a nice way to start the weekend. Deepest thanks Corallllllo. Sincerely